While looking at Marianne's blog I came across this great site for One Pattern Piece reversible sunhat so off I went to the drawers of material , mainly furnishing fabric and came up with Liberty prints and others , to make these little beauties. I made the sunhat with 5 panels not six and I made the pattern an inch longer for some of the hats.Extra easy pattern and all for free.
| Shorter model hat that is . |
Well that's my lot for the week, Oh! in case you are wondering who the model is DGD1 from down Cobden way.
Cheers Margaret
Not quite going, after lunch DGD and I went down to Torquay , a twenty minute drive away. The tide was coming in and the surfers were getting down in the water to catch the waves. God's own country this little bit of Victoria.
12 comments:
What a great little pattern...the model was good too...lol
Such a cute hat!
I'm heading down to Torquay for a few days over christmas, and I'm already counting down - love it down there.
Great hats! And your granddaughter is adorable!
Great hats Margaret...and yes like Andrea says...a good model!!! Fantastic pics of the beach♥x
Such beautiful scenery, so soothing...I think I would even add another inch or so to the hat...I don't have a "one size fits all" head and I like to block more of the sun out but I like the idea of one pattern piece.
Mama Bear
I can see you've had fun, too. Cute hats. It is a great pattern, and very easy to sew.
I am in the process of sewing my daughter a skirt now - and that is a bit more of a challenge. A nice change from quilting, though.
What a great hat and model.
Torquay looks good. I am lucky as I only need to drive 5km to the beach. Love it.
What a smarty you are, Margaret! I like that sunhat pattern. I'll have to add it to my long list of things I'd like to make. Thanks for sharing. And I DO like your beach. Beautiful!
Cute hat and cut model. :-)
The water looks beautiful. So relaxing.
Cute hat for your dear grandaughter! I love the beach pics too.
Carolyn
The sun hats are so sweet and your granddaughter is lovely. I know she enjoys all your pretty hand-crafted treasures. Wishing you a wonderful weekend Margaret.
Love your latest hats!! Pretty and practical for summer. Very sweet model too:)
Post a Comment